34 11 6 855 153, Brake Disc // Listing is for a pair (2 front rotors)
Otto Zimmermann Coat-Z Brake Rotor
The Zimmermann Coat-Z brake disc provides a protective coating that prevents rust and corrosion, extended rotor life and improved visual appearance.
To improve the rust protection during storage and usage, Otto Zimmermann GmbH implements this new Coat-Z technology step by step in its production range. Beside the still optimum function of the brake disc, this coating ensures a consistent attractive appearance.
Material quality / high carbon - Zimmermann brake discs are usually made of cast iron (with flake graphite) of different qualities; they correspond to the material used for the original spare parts. Therefore, the utilization of such materials (referred to as High Carbon by the competition) has always been a matter of course for Otto Zimmermann.
Heat treatment - Based on the latest developments in the casting technology, the cooling process after moulding is controlled in such a way that the tension relief is already guaranteed from the foundry on. The cost-intensive glowing of the raw or semi-finished parts (slow heating to the annealing temperature, maintaining this temperature for several hours and then slowly re-cooling) can therefore be omitted nowadays.
Features and Benefits:
- OE-Equivalent and Direct fit Application.
- High carbon content disc.
- Coat-Z protective anti-corrosion coating
- No formation of rust at the hub and herewith improved visual appearance
- Immediate functional capability without removal of the coating before mounting
- German production meeting the requirements of actual Quality Management Systems
- Well known, highest Otto-Zimmermann-Product-Quality
RUN IN NOTICE - The following run-in notices are recommended to ensure a safe and proper operation of the brake disc / brake pad system:
- Violent or shock-braking should be avoided during the first 300 km of travel after the change of the brake discs.
- Through a moderate run-in, a gradual warming of the brake disc is performed without creating a heat shock and the friction surfaces of brake disc and brake pad are aligned to each other.
- Perform at least 30 brake applications from a medium velocity (approx. 100 km/h) with a moderate deceleration (maximum braking time 3 seconds) down to a velocity of initially 50 km/h, and after about half of the braking cycles were performed down to 25 km/h. Hereby letting the brake disc cool down for approx. 3 min. between the brake cycles through the motion airflow.
If these instructions are not complied with, Zimmermann shall not honor any warranty claims, if this non-compliance causes damage to the product or damages/harm to third parties. Furthermore, a warranty will also not be provided if damages and/or defects occur that are attributable to intensive use and/or individual driving behavior and/or were caused by non-intended use!
12 MONTH 12,000 MILE LIMITED WARRANTY
Otto-Zimmermann warrants this product to be free from defects in material or workmanship in accordance with the following: This limited warranty shall be for a period of 12 months or 12,000 miles (19,300km), whichever occurs first from the date the automotive part is delivered to the final consumer but no later than 6 months after the invoiced date. This limited warranty, however, does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does cover any consequential damages or expenses.
Specifically excluded from this warranty are failures caused by misuse, negligence, modification, abuse, improper application, installation or operation, or failures caused by unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
Zimmermann GmbH is a global leader in vehicle brake technologies and is an original equipment manufacturer of high quality brake discs and components. Zimmermann products are engineered to OE specifications and are inertia-dynamometer tested to guarantee superior quality.
Part 34116864060 was found on the following vehicles: